photo b25057d1-2a8e-4652-8627-502b93ccd5b6.jpg

Monday, February 14, 2011

Omegabear (Bearguy/Omegamon conversion)

As Bearguy fever continued,  Hobby Art Gallery decided to organize a mini Bearguy build group. I took this opportunity to do something more relaxed and also for a quick fix. Initially, I wanted to do a Ironman version or Silver Surfer complete with a surfboard. While I was still brainstorming for ideas when the Omegamon box which was stashed in the corner caught my attention. And that's when I decided to do a Omegamon version. 




As this is just a fun build. I did not work on the seam lines and modifications are kept to a minimum. I had to add strips on the chest similar to Omegamon.   






















I took about 2 days to paint this. I spent more time of the metallic colours, was trying to get the right shine and metal "feel" for them. 

Metallic Red = Gaia Clear Red sprayed over a base coat of Gaia Light Stainless Steel
Metallic Blue = Gaia Clear Blue sprayed over a base coat of Gaia Light Stainless Steel
Metallic Orange = Gaia Clear Red + Clear Yellow sprayed over a base coat of Gaia Light Stainless Steel
White = Gaia White sprayed over a grey primer as base coat 
Internals = Gaia Gun Metal sprayed over a base coat of Gloss black 
Orange = Gaia Sunshine Yellow sprayed over a base coat of Mr Colour Orange

Well I had fun and is satisfied with the final product. It could be better but like I said, relax build. So no need to lost sleep over it LOL. 

4 comments :

Caught this over at MAC Kenny.... its so cool! hehe. Love everything about it.

Great job :D

Just drop by this website via DC23, damn !!! this bearguy and lots of more are insane !!

Nice work out there !!!

If you like art and designer just pass by my website i do a little Gunpla fan things .

http://samshirou.over-blog.com

See ya ,

Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks. Your blog have very interesting concepts! Cool man!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

READERS